vrijdag, oktober 17, 2008

Supercool transhumanist magazine launched!

'Cutting-edge ideas and interviews with leaders in longevity, neuroengineering, nanofabrication, open-source robotics and other breakthrough areas', (thank you Raymond Kurzweil).

I'm talking about H+ Magazine, a new web-based quarterly magazine that focuses on Transhumanism, introduced by Humanity Plus (the former World Transhumanist Association).

Let me take a sip of my coffee here before I get lost in my own sentences..

..ok. Since this is most typical dawn21stcentury-news, I'd like to take the opportunity to elaborate a little bit and since I have all the virtual freedom of the world: I can so I will >>

For all of you who haven't been introduced to the concept of GNR, here we go: Genetics, Robotics, Nanotech, three different realms of heavy impact for this century. Since the speed of development is ever-increasing, the combination of the use of all these different technologies will lead to an ever exploding number of potential applications (I'm gonna need more coffee today). Very powerful applications. The impact on us, humans, is and will be much more so, enormous. This explains the presence of the formerly mentioned Humanity Plus organization (since I am not the only nutcase around who's more than intrigued by these developments). Over time, this organization has only one direction to go: it'll get much much bigger, until eventually, if you ask me, there will be two options left: you're either transhumanist to some extend, or Amish.

If your neurological network diggs this stuff, check out Convergence 08.
If not: check out this place.